Jack's Secret Sauce

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Look at this


This is a picture of some water and the western coast of one of the Aran Islands (Ireland). I took this in January 2003 when I was there for a month studying art and culture. Yes, I did actually lean over a cliff to take this picture.

I figured the blog needed a bit of color. I thought it was looking a little bland.

Last night was no good. I was up late by myself and started thinking about my parents and worrying unnecessarily. I went though about 1/3 of a box of Kleenex and then decided I should just go to bed. I guess it's been a while since I've lost my head about this.

This morning I got up with puffy eyes, tried to be civil to my roommates, got a ride to school from Steve. I had to teach at 11am and was thinking about asking someone to cover for me. Then I found out one of the other TAs was sick and someone was already covering all three of her classes. So I decided to act tough and happy and do my job like a real adult.
Surprisingly, it really cheered me up. My class today is usually my "quite class" (where I ask questions and then they stare at their notebooks)... but they were more talkative today. Very encouraging.

I'm sitting in my office right now (hooray office hours), wondering how long this day will be. I should probably start grading the 80 papers that are sitting on my desk.

I'm not sure what I should do to get happier. This might just be an unhappy time. Maybe I should go back to Ireland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home