Jack's Secret Sauce

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Happy car update

I'm slightly fed up with the district five police force here. There is apparently only one officer who can write up my police report... he works nights and is actually on vacation until Friday. Grrrr.

I spoke with Secura, my insurance company. I'm working with a guy named Tom, who apparently has a son two years older than I am (he said that after he asked for my birth date). Tom told me to get two estimates on the car.
I got recommendations on two places. Off I went - first to Pinkey's Capitol Auto body, where I spoke with Pinkey himself (the cutest old guy I've ever met). Then I went to Hall's, which was recommended by Tom, and spoke with a nice gentleman named Skip.
The estimates came within $40 of one another - in total (and without taking the car apart to look for possible damage inside), the damage is a little over $3100.

Ouch. Poor, poor Happy car.

I did snag the garage spot from my landlord for only an extra $25 a month... so that's good.

I also dropped some heavy duty, wrought iron, fire-poking utensils on my foot yesterday. That hurt a lot.
This morning I got a flu shot (not sure how much faith I have in these things, but I can't be sick when I'm around Dad, so I figured I'd get one). Now my arm is sore.

I suppose things could be worse. My cell phone could break... a tornado could go through Milwaukee... a swarm of locusts could overtake my neighborhood.

I'm going to see a movie about Riot Grrrls tonight... and then possible one on the Pixies.
Hooray Documentaries.
It was a tough choice - there's also one tonight about the Rastafarian way of life... that looked really cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home