Jack's Secret Sauce

Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday Monday Monday!

Today was a very eventful day. It was so exciting that I have decided to give you a play-by-play, right here, right now.

6:00am - My alarm goes off. I get mad because I was having a great dream about me moving to South Jersey for the summer. Beaches...

6:10 - I call my roommate's phone. She's supposed to get off work in an hour, and I am supposed to meet her at the car dealership so she can give me a ride home after I drop off my car.

6:11 - I hear vibrating noises and realize my roommate's phone is sitting on bookshelf in the living room.

6:13 - I walk into the bathroom and find a note from Erin (roommate) that says she got off of work early (4am) and is sleeping... and would like to sleep for at least 7 hours, so could we do the car thing later?

6:15 - I go back to sleep.

8:05am - My alarm goes off... again. This time no cool dream. I get up, eat breakfast, and drag my computer and books into my room and sit on my bed in my pajamas and write a paper about the survey method of research.

10:22 - Paper finished. I get in the shower.

11:00 - I drive to school to get cash and meet Becky who I hope is going to help me pick up a futon... it all depends on if her car is big enough. (I tried to find someone with a truck but couldn't, so Becky's Camry is the last resort.) I'm stopped on my way up to the office and asked if I'd sign a "declaration" to vote tomorrow... so I sign this giant piece of paper that looks like the Declaration of Independence. They give me a free wristband that says "VOTE" in exchange for my signature.



12:00 - Becky and I are on our way to pick up the futon I found on Craigslist.

1:30pm - Becky and I drive back to my house, through the heart of the Milwaukee "ghetto", with a bunch of futon pieces sticking out the back end of the Camry... but we DID get it to fit!!

2:00 - Erin calls and says she's shopping and can I drive to the dealership now so she can pick me up... soon? No, I cannot. I'm in the middle of making a very interesting lunch with Italian seasoned ground turkey and a cucumber.

3:00 - I call Steve, my soon-to-be new roommate, and ask him if he can give me a ride to the dealership. Yes, he can. He'll "be there in 5."

3:04 - Erin comes home from the mall.

3:05 - Steve shows up. We drive to the car dealership... once again straight through the "ghetto." (It's a short cut to a lot of places.)

4:15 - Steve drops me off at home. I get to work assembling the futon pieces.

4:45 - I eat ice cream because the futon assembly isn't going well.


5:30 - I finally finish putting together the &*(^#&@^!$ futon. (I know, it took a while. I've never put together a futon before, and I didn't really take it apart... Becky did.)




5:45 - I'm writing this. The futon cover is in the wash. I should be writing a second paper.

SO, the futon is here and paid for. The car's getting fixed (it'll be Happy again soon!). I should really start on my paper. I might eat more ice cream instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home