Jack's Secret Sauce

Thursday, November 16, 2006

A few random thoughts

I've been "under the weather" for about a week now. I bought some Wal-phed (the Walgreen's brand of Sudafed), I had a smoothie with wheat grass, and today my roommate gave me some vitamin supplement thing (loaded with some serious vitamin C). I think I just need to drink more water.


I'm starting to worry slightly about my lack-of-money situation. I know it's not REALLY a big deal and that I'll be just fine in the long run. That car bill was just enormous. My mother had mentioned that she would put in on one of her cards, which I thought was just ridiculous, considering what's going on at home and the fact that it's MY car. I put the bill on my card when I picked it up. I didn't say anything to mom and she didn't say anything to me. I realize I've been very spoiled to have wonderful parents who always help me out... I don't want that help this time. I'm just scared, 'cause the CC bill at the end of the month will most likely be twice what I make as a TA in one month. Then there's rent and utilities and groceries... blah blah blah. Does this mean I'm an adult? Probably not.

I got a solid A on a paper yesterday... this was the paper that I wrote TWO hours before the class started while watching the Rumsfeld resignation unfold (yeah - remember that paper?). SOLID A.
I'm just really glad I've figured out how to write well, so that even when I have no idea what I'm talking about, I can bullshit through it and sound like I know exactly what I'm talking about.
Or maybe I do know what I'm talking about and just don't realize it?

I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I watched PI last night (how do I make the pi symbol on a keyboard?). I thought it was pretty good... it was all in black and white and I honestly didn't understand everything that happened, but I liked it.
I saw Munich the night before (my new roommate and I got a membership to the local video store... unlimited rentals, two at a time, for a month). Munich was very powerful (and very long), and I now feel that I need to read more about it before I comment on the content of the film.

I turned in my third Research Methods paper today. I feel pretty good about this one, but I could be wrong. I fell asleep in class on Tuesday and may have missed some stuff. (Yes, I fell asleep in a class of only 10 people, and the professor definitely noticed.) Bad grad student. I blame the cold... but then again I did pretty much the same thing last week. My body apparently needs a 5pm nap.

That's about it. I'm excited to have a night off tonight. Laundry and grocery time!! (Wow.)

I miss my friends back home. I can't wait to get back for a few days over Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home