Jack's Secret Sauce

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Missing - 1 Happy Car

I haven't gotten a call from the body shop yet today, which means my car is still in surgery... which means I will not be going home for the weekend. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
On the one hand, I feel really sad and guilty - because it's been three weeks since I was home last and not returning home this weekend means I won't get back again until Thanksgiving.
On the other hand, now I actually have some time to relax... and to do laundry.
I took last night "off" from thinking, and this afternoon I'm planning on doing some reading - and that's ALL. I also get to attend the "game night" party with my fellow Soc majors tomorrow night... and probably help my new roommate move in over the weekend.

Dad's done with radiation therapy now - yesterday was actually the last day. I guess he's tired beyond belief and will be for another few weeks. Katie has been home a few times since the last time I was there - that's good and bad. I think she goes home mostly because she's having a very difficult time adjusting to college life... and the only way that this "adjusting" will happen more smoothly is for her to stay on campus. She's thinking seriously about transferring next year for soccer, so she probably doesn't really care about adjusting to the current campus.
I just think it'd be hard to spend a year stuck somewhere that you really hate... especially if this place is in Iowa. :P

I hope the Happy car is done soon.

I'm going to go find lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home