Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, November 05, 2006

What's better than a nap?

Today I took my buddy Nik coat shopping. He moved here from Texas and needed a REAL winter coat (and not the hooded sweatshirt that he'd been calling his "coat" for the past four years).
On our journey to Burlington Coat Factory, Nik told me that when he got back home he was going to take a nap... because he'd gotten up way too early (around 10am) to go on this shopping expedition. What follows is an excerpt of our discussion of napping.

Nik: "Can you think of anything better than a nap?"
Laura: "Well, yes... I think so."
Nik: "Well yeah, I guess there are a few things... like a great game of basketball, good sex... and hoodies."
Laura: "Hmm..."
Nik: "What? You don't like my list? What else would you add to that list. I don't think there's much to add."
Laura: "Well... I was thinking along the lines of... food. I mean, really good food."
Nik: "Yeah, okay, I guess that's true. But still... there aren't many things that beat napping..."

[Insert stop at Best Buy, where I find a Tom Petty CD on sale for $5.99...]

Laura: "I thought of another thing that beats napping..."
Nik: "You did not... okay, what?"
Laura: "Tom Petty for 6 bucks!"

Waaahooo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home