Jack's Secret Sauce

Thursday, December 14, 2006

good morning?

It's 7:30am on a Thursday. I have to be at school at 10 for the Sociology colloquium on teaching and our holiday potluck (to which I am not bringing any food). I went to bed at 11 though last night and woke up naturally an hour before my alarm was set to go off at 8 this morning.
I guess that means I'm not behind on my sleep.

I've been blogging about bullshit lately. I just realized that. I don't put anything real in here anymore - at least not as much as I used to. I was reading through my old entries ("hmm, what was I saying at this time last year?") when this thought first occurred to me. I'm not sure if I have anything real to say at the present time. I'm also not quite sure what I mean by "real."

I planned a soc 1st year student dinner tonight. So far, six people are coming. That's a damn good number for our class. Exciting.

Sometimes I wonder where I'll go after I graduate. Then I laugh and try to think about something else. So many possibilities... McDonalds, Burger King, Subway! Hmm, kidding (I hope). I want to move somewhere... somewhere WARM. I wonder if I'll actually have the quant skills to get a decent job with this degree. (BTW quant = quantitative, if ya missed that.) If I'm not going for my PhD, I'm going to need to know how to do stats... well... right now I don't know how to do stats at all (let alone well). This will be a fun ride.

Optimism is Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home