Jack's Secret Sauce

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It could always be worse

I've been noticing a trend in my life lately.

I still can't seem to get off the emotional roller coaster. Adjusting to the move, school, Dad's illness have thrown me for quite a loop. I have good days and bad days and "okay" days. The REALLY bad days are few and far between, thankfully. I think I've figured out why.

Whenever I'm feeling really horrible, thinking "damn my life sucks/poor me/I can't deal with this..." something happens to make me realize how good my life actually is.
It's always a jarring wake-up call that embarrasses me out of my funk, a slap in the face and a "shut the f*$k up, deal with your stuff, and realize that other people have it a lot worse than you do!"

I'm sitting in the TA office right now. A student of another TA came in. She sat down to talk to me, because her TA wasn't here and I TA for the same class. She's very stressed. Her mother is on life support and this student now has power of attorney... she needs to make the decision about whether to keep her mother on life support or to unplug the machine.

Yeah.
Honestly.
It could always be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home