Jack's Secret Sauce

Monday, October 16, 2006

The Traveling Wilburys

This past weekend I lived dangerously.
I walked on the edge... right into Atomic Records.
(There will be no mention in this post of Saturday night's activities with regard to their "dangerousness"... hookah hookah.)

Atomic Records is very dangerous. Every time I go in, I leave with another CD.
This weekend, that CD was Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1.
I must say, I'm very impressed.
The brainchild of George Harrison (yes, the Beatle), the Traveling Wilburys formed in 1988. The CD is a dazzling showcase of a few great recording sessions between some of the most brilliant minds and voices in the music industry - Harrison, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan, and (of course) Tom Petty.
They played together on and off for a few years (with the exception of Orbison, who died of a heart attack shortly after the first album was released). Very sad.

I highly recommend these guys... they are shining stars separately, and together, they're just pure genius and musical perfection.

*sigh*

I love music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home