Jack's Secret Sauce

Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy car gets ass kicked

Last night the vandals were out. The Happy car was parked peacefully in front of my house, minding her own damn business, but the hoodlums got her anyway.
I went outside this morning and saw my license plate and the holder bent completely in half, with the imprint of a trailer hitch right in the center, sitting on the hood of the car.
"COOL," I thought, "The jackass in the SUV rammed his trailer hitch into my plate and broke it."

I called Mom. Mom said to call the police and report it. I didn't want to call the police - "I have a paper to write!" I said. (I still have a paper to write and am obviously procrastinating by blogging.)
Mom said "CALL the police!"
So I called the police. I was all bummed 'cause I was going to go for a quick run and then get to school and write, and I thought "the police" wouldn't show up for quite some time (they're kept pretty busy in my neighborhood).
I was standing in the bathroom not 10 minutes later, attempting to remove my gross black fingernail polish (Halloween...) when the doorbell rang. Officer William said hello and asked if my car was the one parked across the street, the teal one with the driver door smashed in.
"No," I said "mine's the Jetta with the dead license plate and cracked bumper."

We stood around the car for a bit. He took my "important" info down. I walked into the house to put shoes on. He called me back out - "ma'am, could you come around here for a minute?"
I joined him where he stood, looking at the back of my car. The entire left corner, light fixture and all, was smashed in. Sad little pieces of my Happy car were scattered on the ground.


I'd been so preoccupied with the license plate that I hadn't even looked over the rest of the car.

That's when I noticed the note stuck in my driver's side window. It was from another officer who'd apparently been called last night and seen the damage to my car - the note said to call him between 11pm & 7am so he could get more info from me. Oookay.

We took a quick look at the other cars parked on the side of the street and noticed that mine was not the only one with damage. Damn. Office William tells me to call the other guy who left the note. That guy should file the report and give me my insurance claim #. I have to get a new pair of plates and take Happy to the dealer. Poor Happy. :(

In other news, the squirrel from hell (the one that broke into the pantry) is still alive and well and terrorizing us. He now has a partner in crime. They ate through the top of the pumpkin I put outside, making a huge, gross pumpkin mess on the front steps. I saw him inside the pumpkin - his grey bushy tail sticking out. I chased him around the porch for a while, yelling things. I probably scared the neighbors more than I scared the dang squirrel. He also tried to chew threw the screen door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home