Jack's Secret Sauce

Monday, July 17, 2006

Why I will never gamble

My luck: Last Thursday, the first day this area got any substantial amount of rain, my car window got stuck down.

The rest of the story:
I live in an apartment with no large trash cans, so I only have small garbage bags. It took four of them, a roll of duct tape, and two people to patch it up.

Then I had to drive to Eden Prairie.

The garbage bags came off.

Then I spent the next hour of my life in the Walmart parking lot trying to stick a very large piece of plastic table covering to a very wet car.

Thank God I wasn't alone... I probably would've freaked out.

Nothing happened to the car. The tape came off fine. Nothing was stolen. The window was fixed the next day (thanks Dad for taking it to the dealership) - and (here's the best part) it was free. (!!) They also fixed the rear-view mirror that had gotten smashed the weekend before while my car was parked on the street. That was not free.

Four days left of work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home