Jack's Secret Sauce

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Because I Should Be Doing Homework

HI! I have a lot of things to do tonight. It makes sense that I'm writing in here instead. Shut up, you know you'd do it too.

I'm really tired today. I need to catch up on sleep. For some reason, I've been having a hard time getting to sleep the past few nights. I need to start excersizing again, but I think I should wait until I'm completely healthy (I'm so close!). Also, many mornings, Becky's jarringly-loud alarm goes off... and keeps going off... until she actually wakes up... and turns it off and goes back to sleep, while I lie there startled and completely awake. (Becky, if you're reading this, it's meant to be funny... do not be offended and do not change your alarm!) I'm just a much lighter sleeper than she is.

I did get up earlier than she did today. Had to shower. I haven't taken a morning shower in quite a while. That is very weird, considering how anal-retentive I used to be about showering before leaving the room. What a turn around! I'm so very glad I've discovered the world of sweatpants, ponytails, and hats. It's glorious.

Today, I (along with Heather, Jackie, and some other Soc kids) met with a professor from St. Thomas to discuss Elizabeth (she's up for her third year review). It was so cool! It was also the first time I really felt like one of those seniors who has good friends in her major and knows all of her profs... y'know, someone the profs will remember for more than 5 seconds after graduation. I never thought I'd make it here. I remember going to some department meeting as a freshman and staring wide-eyed at those "old" seniors who could bullshit with (gasp!) Rich. I sat in the back. No one knew my name. I can't believe it's almost over.
But no scary graduation talk right now...

Elizabeth is so wonderful, and I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to talk her up and gush about how great she is. She's written so many letters of recommendation for me... I definitely owed it to her. Honestly though, I don't know how Soc majors functioned before her! She has saved my sanity so many times! What an amazing woman. It's crazy that so many other people feel the same way about her. I hope she knows how many lives she has touched.

We had our first full-member AKD meeting this afternoon... you've never lived until you've tried to lead a meeting with J***. OMG! (Yes, this experience deserves an 'OMG'... a phrase I rarely use.) It was informal, and we didn't have all that much to say... but trying to lead any meeting with J*** is like trying to lick your elbow while hopping on one foot on a balance beam and humming The Star Spangled Banner. I feel bad for the girl, but damn.

So here I sit... I really should be doing homework. I have to lead discussion for my Sex & Science class on Friday... I really should be planning that - it's a big deal.
Instead, I find myself thinking about everything but homework. But that's normal for me these days... why think about homework when you can think about
-graduation
-finding a job
-finding an apartment (thanks, Heather, for the books)
-how I need to exersize (this commonly happens after watching Sex & the City)
-men/love/relationships/how I will be single and lonely for the rest of my life (dammit)/how I wish I knew what men were thinking
-my future plans (or lack thereof)
-graduation-job-apartment-men-exersize-stop-eating-leftover-cookies-from-AKD-meeting-
(stop, take a breath)

In high school, my spanish name was 'Fiera' - which means 'wild beast'..
It was very empowering.
I think I may have to become La Fiera again to locate my lost confidence and motivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home