Jack's Secret Sauce

Monday, December 06, 2004

Learning to Fly, But I Ain't Got Wings...

Watch out, if you're not in the mood for sappiness, do NOT read this. :P

I can't believe how crazy life is these days. It's so great. My life is generally very boring, so this is a nice change.
I've found a new theme song... Tom Petty's ''Learning to Fly''... seriously, this song is my life right now, if that makes any sense. What a great song. I searched for way too long on the network today to find it... finally did... then I put it on repeat for like an hour.
This weekend was completely backwards and insane, but it's definitely what I needed. I definitely took advantage of being in college. I really don't know exactly what went on this weekend... not that I don't remember - because I do... I just don't really know what it is that's making me feel so good.
Maybe it's just that I finally had a good sense of what's going to be important to me in the long run, and what isn't.
It's not going to matter if I didn't read half of some women's studies article a year from now... I'm not going to die if I didn't study very much for my Soc Theory test. What IS going to matter are the memories I create and the friendships I make, especially now. God knows, we'll all need friends when we graduate and have to do things by ourselves.
I guess I also feel like I can make friends on my own now, based on ME... I don't feel like I have to put up a front. This has been such a valuable semester in that sense. It's hard to escape getting caught up in life's problems... there are so many things that I could worry about. I'd rather not worry so much about things that don't mean anything.
SO to all of you who I've gotten to know better in the past few years (especially this year), thanks! I love you!

Now that I have that out of my system... I suppose I could do some of that homework that I ignored all weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home