Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Monkeys on the Corner

Sometimes I really hate Sundays, because all I can think about is the rapidly approaching Monday. I think I'm sick of school. Or maybe I'm sick of pressure. I've finally decided that I'm taking a year off before grad school. I thought that I'd decided that before, but then I talked to Patric and he tried his hardest to convince me to give it a shot this year.
What he doesn't understand is that if I don't *want* to try and write a super personal statement, if I don't really want to be proactive and get my apps done, I really don't have a chance of getting in. That said, I really don't want to spend money that I don't have on application fees! Seriously!
I just want to finish this year, get some job... volunteer someplace or get an internship at a museum... and during my time off I will have time to write a perfect personal statement and send in my apps well ahead of time. Plus, by then I'll have some experience in the field.

I need to remember that I can't go through life worrying about the future, and that's all I've been doing lately. Yes, I really do want an advanced degree... but I don't think it's necessary that I get it RIGHT AWAY.
Sorry, I'm ranting.

Becky called today. It was so good to talk to her. I really miss her a lot. She's having so much fun and visiting all these countries. SO jealous. We talked a bit about the Euro and how it's really strong... so strong that it is supposed to take over the top currency spot currently held by the dollar. That would mean some big changes for America, considering our gigantic deficit. Damn Bush. I tried to talk to Dan about that earlier, and he didn't want to care about anything political today, but the anthropologist/sociologist in me really needed to talk about it... we got to have a fight instead. Hooray.

Going to an Ethiopian restaurant tonight with Lambda Alpha. I doubt I'll be able to eat anything. Yay for the stomach disease. Ulcerative Colitis is awesome. (Sarcasm.) I still want to go and see it (cultural experience), but I'm worried that I'll feel all left out and angry after watching everyone else eat for an hour.
I wish I knew some other people with stomach issues like mine... I know they're out there. The stats on this disease say that it is becoming more and more common. I just can't find them.
Hmm. I'm going to go do something else distracting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home