Jack's Secret Sauce

Monday, November 29, 2004

Freedom?

Happy belated Thanksgiving. Mine wasn't so happy, but such is life. Dan and I broke up on Wednesday night. 4 years to the day that we first started having a "thing." Crazy.
It's weird, but I'm not hysterical and crazy like I have been when similar situations have arisen in the past.
I'm terrified of being "alone," not looking forward to loneliness, but I think this is something we both need to do. This is the year... I need to decide what's right for me in the immediate future... what do I want to do next year... where should I go to grad school... stuff like that.
I was hoping to transform our relationship into something more casual, easy, and fun, but he wanted a total break, and well, that's okay. I definitely still care about him.
I've decided that I'm done shedding tears over him or the relationship (that has never gotten me anywhere or made me feel any better). We'll see how these few weeks before Christmas break go... anyone bored? Want to hang out?
I've decided I'm going to make the most of the rest of my time here at GAC, even if I come out sleep-deprived and broke. Hell, I'm already broke... and it's great! Ha.

My grandma (on my dad's side) had a stroke yesterday. She's in the hosptial in NJ - Burdette Tomlin... same place I was born! Dad was really upset last night. I didn't know what to do. I was home alone with him, since Mom and Katie were in TX. It was really scary.
He's still not over his dad passing away a few years ago. That was really rough. I think it's hard for him to be so far away from his family too... Wisconsin to south Jersey. I'm worried too... he drinks too much as it is, and things like this only make it worse.
WELL, sorry all, for this downer e-mail. Had to get it out of my system.

Off to Jackie & Tara's for some bonding and perhaps a drink (yeah, yeah, I know it's Sunday night).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home