Jack's Secret Sauce

Thursday, February 15, 2007

And then there was a day in February that didn't suck... at all...

Okay...
So...
I had a really great Valentine's Day. I feel like a traitor to myself by saying that. I strongly believe that we shouldn't have ONE holiday to celebrate love, and that it's over-rated and the greeting card industry made it up to be a candy/flowers/card day.... blah blah blah.... I feel like a democrat gone republican. How horrible!

Anyway, no matter how hard I tried to ignore yesterday, it just didn't happen. I was really excited to give Steve his orchid, and I awoke to some pretty great stuff too...

Steve's orchid -- he loves these things... and it was the very LAST ONE at Whole Foods! I was so lucky!


My roses.... you think it's cliche, but it's not... kind of. I have a thing about roses - they share my middle name. My dad called me 'Rosebud' since I was very small. I love roses.



This is the teapot I got. I've wanted one with an infuser for a while... and it's blue... soooo freakin' perfect, I feel like I should want to vomit. But I don't. Dang.


After spending the day at school, I came home to find Steve making a ''very special dinner'' - pink shiraz, grilled cheese & tomato soup. :P eh. Yay.


I apologize if I've just overwhelmed you with sappiness. Right now I can't help myself. Hopefully this feeling will pass. :)

1 Comments:

  • Laura, if there's anyone who deserves a good, sappy, cheesy Valentine's Day, it's you. I'm glad that you had a good day. I miss you.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 2/21/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home