Jack's Secret Sauce

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

More on feburary sucking...

Welp, february still sucks. Yesterday the high was about -2 degrees. My three discussion sections were very sparsely attended, and I've received at least 10 emails now from students wondering what we did/apologizing/saying it was in their health's best interest to stay indoors/that they thought school was cancelled/or (a reason I actually believe) that their cars wouldn't start.
Great.
I handed out their first paper assignment yesterday too. Do I really have to explain this individually to everyone who didn't show up? Hmm.

I did have a personal triumph regarding my discussion sections yesterday... my lesson plan actually equalled out to an hour (err, 50 minutes to be exact). I've never actually done that - I'd always have to let the classes go a bit early (or a lot early), just because the material I had would never last as long as I thought it would, and I didn't know how to facilitate discussion.
I know it's been a semester, but I think I've finally learned something.

I was SO proud yesterday during my first discussion, when I had one more thing to go over, and I turned around and looked at the clock and there were six minutes left! I almost started laughing. Unfortunately, I haven't yet found anyone who finds this as exciting as I do.

So anyway, it's still freezing here. I did make it to school yesterday (didn't have a choice there). I wore two pairs of socks, leg warmers, boots, and two scarves (plus all other articles of clothing that you'd generally expect a person to wear on a cold day). The good thing is that it's supposed to warm up this week - to almost 30!!!........ cough.

I'm still sick, btw. I had a coughing fit last night in class. I was trying so hard not to cough that my eyes started watering, and I was sniffling... I'm sure I looked like a mess. The professor made me go get water.

I bought the new Organ Donors CD online at organdonorsmusic.com. For those of you who are unaware, this is a band of guys who I went to undergrad with... I don't really know any of them personally (anymore), but they are great musicians with a funky, rhythmic, blended sound. Check them out. Make them famous.

In other news... I have no other news... not until I get over this cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home