Jack's Secret Sauce

Thursday, October 12, 2006

I lose at lit reviews

Damn. Scratch that last post. This grad student thing is frickin' annoying and stressful.

Okay, so it's not that horrible. There are just quite a few things going on in my head. I'm trying to write a lit review... I'm about done and realized that it took me four pages to find my "voice" (as in the one you employ in writing... if that makes sense).
So, I have four pages of stiff, incomprehensible "blah blah blah"... in essence, I have four pages of shit... and one paragraph of decent writing.

It's kinda funny. I'm smiling right now, on the inside. It's just a draft... that will be peer reviewed and critiqued. I'm kind of nervous because the two people in my group this time around are the two people in the class who most intimidate me (ironically, the two men). Eeeaaagh. (Say it out loud, you'll get a better idea of how I feel.)

I've also decided that I don't want to get my phd. That's another slightly interesting story that I will save for a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home