Jack's Secret Sauce

Saturday, September 09, 2006

SQUIRREL

*Sigh*

So, my life...

I survived my first week of grad school. It was a crazy, rough week. I feel okay right now though.

Last night was my first night out (as in out to bars and restaurants until waaay past my bedtime). I went out with the Comm grad students. Yeah, I don't know. Where are my Soc people?
We ate mexican and had some wonderful margaritas.
Then we played catch phrase.
Then we went out and had a few shots (someone was buying rounds).
Someone's boyfriend lost his credit card. Another someone got so drunk that he was getting the chills and someone else had to walk him home. (I know, this is a lot of "someones.")

In the end, the remaining three of us went to grab some food at... another mexican restaurant. Then I went home only to discover that my roommate had brought her parent's cat to stay with us for the week (the parents are out of town).
This cat is the neediest animal I've ever met. He cried all night. Laura = sleep deprived... which is probably why this post is so disjointed.

The biggest event of the evening is when I came rushing home from the Grad Student Welcome to change before dinner and found a SQUIRREL in our pantry.
A SQUIRREL!! He'd broken through the screen, and I found him sitting guiltily amidst chocolate candy wrappers and nibbled-on baking chocolate, bags of nuts, and a broken bag of chocolate cake mix. It was a complete mess, but I had to leave for dinner so I didn't fully clean it up.

This morning I got out of bed at 10am. My roommate stumbled home at 8am after a night of too much fun (she's not normally a heavy drinker). I went to get some cereal out of the pantry and found the whole bottom shelf covered with ants! Seriously.

Now it's almost noon, and I still haven't started reading. This isn't good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home