Jack's Secret Sauce

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

In the Immortal Words of The Doors... The Time to Hesitate is Through

I own too much crap. It took me two hours (TWO HOURS!) to pack up my kicthen stuff today, and I'm still not done 'cause there are a few items that may or may not be mine (I don't remember). How did I get so many dishes, especially when I don't cook? Oh yeah, because I'm a nostalgist psycho. When I was preparing to move in to the SLP apartment, I was going through old dishes at my parents house and kept recognizing things from my childhood - so of course I took everything. Ugh.

I'm not sure I understand that I have only two days left in this city. I'm really going to miss Minneapolis. It's so lovely and happy and welcoming and blah blah blah. Yeah. I'm trying not to get too teary about this. I'm pumped to start school (even if I can't seem to finish that damn stats exam). I'm so excited and READY. I've never felt more ready for anything.

I'm always the latest bloomer, it seems. I'm never ready to let go when I "should" be (whatever that means). I wasn't done with high school when it was time for college. I wasn't done with college when it was time to graduate. I was always scared and worried and would wonder time and again how the hell I'd make it.
I'm still not sure how this grad school deal will go... I'm sure I'll stumble and mess up a few times. I'm sure I'll have my moments of loneliness. But this time I'm ready. This is such an amazing, empowering feeling!

I've been attempting to meet with as many friends as possible over the past week and a half - people in both RF and the cities. It's been crazy but very worthwhile. I think that my current confidence level is a result of all of these "meetings" and good conversations. I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life. Yeah, I may lose touch with a few people with this move... but I think I'll be able to hang on to most of them. :)
It's interesting - a good friendship is no longer determined by how much time you spend with someone but with the quality of the time you spend together - be it over the phone, online, or in person. Does that make sense? (I've been packing all day... my thought process isn't at its best.)

Anyway, it's time to move on. I'm ready, Milwaukee... as long as I can find a map to my apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home