Jack's Secret Sauce

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Possibilities

I found out today that I have 28.36 hours of PTO accumulated so far... about 3 and a half days (math!).
I'm still waiting to hear from two of "my" schools. Got my first rejection last week. That was cool. I'm not very upset about it, because I'd pretty much decided that I didn't want to go there... and a "yes" from them would've meant me reviewing my decision and being angsty.

I need a vacation. I want to use this damn PTO.

I AM SO SICK OF WAITING! I know that now is the time for saving and waiting. I should save money for the future, especially if I end up in school again. Even if I don't, I should still save. I'm too young and stupid to know what I really want or what I'm doing... so I'm waiting for this year to be over, for me to somehow be "ready" for my real life to start. (Whatever that means.)
Is there really a year-long grace period between graduation and the official initiation into the real world posse?
I still feel like I'm wandering around in a cave. I'm starting to feel a little claustrophobic, and I think the oxygen supply is running low because I'm starting to have trouble breathing.

A friend of mine told me that if I move away after my lease is up, I'll just be "running away," and I won't really find what I'm looking for (even though I have no idea what I'm looking for or IF I'm even looking for something). I'm not sure if I agree with her, but what if she's right?

I work everyday, I'm doing a pretty great job of saving (aside from the iTunes binge). I don't go out, I don't go shopping. Granted, the women at the B&N Starbucks now recognize me (btw, Lorraine smiled at me yesterday)... but still... my tall skim Chai is only $2.68 with the discount.

I'm rambling. I think I forgot what I was talking about... or maybe I never knew.
I don't know why I'm expecting life to take off. I suppose life is generally boring like this for most people, and it's really up to me to change that if I'm really that fed up with the monotony.
I'm once again feeling like I don't have anyone to call. I've been wondering lately if I any of my friends would still be friends with me if I was actually completely honest with them.
That was a very bad sentence.
I may as well be mute considering how much I think but don't say.

I did say hello to the old guy in the laundry room today... and then I said "have a good night" when I left. (That's big for me... I don't generally talk to or smile at strangers.) This made me feel good about myself for about 10 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home