Jack's Secret Sauce

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I am a jelly donut

Too many things happened this week. I kept thinking about writing in here, and then I didn't, because by the time I thought of it, I was too tired to write anything decent.
Now, after four days of chaos, here is a brief overview of what's up... I'm too lazy to go into details.

Tuesday: Adam and I are actually home at the same time in the evening. I putz around online for a little while and SuperTom figures out how to send me pictures via cell phone. I now have the Cape May Lighthouse as my cell background - which is SO COOL. I'm a little bit crazy about CM these days. The lighthouse is so great, it's in this really amazing park with a fun little beach and a museum.
Around 8ish, Adam and I decide to walk over to the Kosher drive-thru Starbucks that just opened down the road. I get my chai and we sit and talk for a few hours. I feel like I need everyone to know how grateful I am to know Adam, and THANK GOD we realized at 17 that we're much better friends and should NEVER date (what a disaster that was!). I was having some "issues" with work and friends and la vida in general, and while I don't feel like I need to dump my problems on other people... on Tuesday, I just needed to talk for my own sanity... and I think Adam is pretty much the only person I know who is as crazy as I am... and no matter what I say/how crazy I sound, he won't ever think any less of me.

Wednesday: I found my way up to the treadmill again, was all proud of myself about that. Then I came back to the apt. After I stretched I put on my pajamas (at like 8pm) and settled in on the wonderful middle cushion on the couch to watch The Brothers Grimm. (Interesting movie... not sure what to think of it yet.)

Thursday: Massive breakdown at work. I felt ridiculous, but I actually think (in hindsight) that it may have been worthwhile. Now people are realizing how unbelievably stressed I am with everything.
That night, Jackie called. We went to Dunn Brothers. Then we went and... drove around in her car... (Heather actually drove). Then we went back to their place and hung out with the Heather/Bjorn hookah... after I ate like a pound of Doritos. HOOKAH (what a great word). I'd never experienced that before, and I must admit, it was glorious and hilarious and I was unreasonably happy for the rest of the night.
Hookah.
Hookah.

Friday (or, today): Work, work. Buuut, it was dead in the office and the big boss was out on vacation in Vegas. My supervisor sent Lauren to Panera to get us bagels in the morning. That was pretty cool.
After work I drove in megatraffic to Kristen's, picked her up, then drove in more megatraffic to eat (Potbelly's) and then to IKEA, where we power walked (not on purpose... we just knew what we were getting) through the whole store.
We stopped by Caribou to visit Adam, then we went to Byerly's. Kristen bought some amazing-looking raspberry torte-thing. I bought seedless red grapes.
Then it was back to Kristen's for four episodes of The Office. (Great show... Steve Carrell is hilarious and sick and twisted.)

Tomorrow: Kristen told me she'd only go to IKEA with me if I'd go to a "jewelry party" with her tomorrow... some lady from GM is throwing it.
Otherwise... I might do some laundry... I'll probably eat some stuff. OH! Maybe I'll go back to Byerly's for sample day.
I'm actually supposed to go 'out' tomorrow night... like, probably to a bar! Wow. I hope I can stay awake past midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home