Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cellular Phone Fiasco

Yesterday, after weeks of my mother worrying about her high cell phone bill, I dragged her to Woodbury to get a new plan. After talking with the girl at Best Buy, we decided NOT to go with Sprint again. I don't care if they have a large service area... they're kind of evil.
The Best Buy girl urged us to check out T-Mobile (they don't even carry TM phones at Best Buy).

After that, we spent a half hour *sitting* in the car in the Best Buy parking lot while my mother called my grandmother and asked her to look up the local TM phone number in the yellowpages. Grandma does not know anything about cell phones... she didn't know where to find the number. Also, the TM store in town is connected to the local towing company... that makes finding the number even more confusing (for Grandma, anyway).

I got frusterated and called 411 to get the 800 number. That didn't work, because I didn't know the zipcode in Woodbury.
THEN, I thought I remembered a cell phone store over by Kohl's... we drove over there... it was a Cingular store. Damn. We drove to a gas station so we could use their phone book. Mom went inside to do that, and I stayed in the car and called like 10 people to see if they could look up the number or the location of the Woodbury store for me. Apparently, no one answers their phones on Saturday afternoons.

Success... Ma came back out with the location and phone number of the TM Woodbury store. We drove there. It took about 2 full hours to set up the plan, choose the phones, and close the deal. The sales guy was very nice, and he helped us switch our sprint phone numbers onto our new TM phones. He threw in a bunch of extras for free... (I ended up with a bluetooth... for free).

Unfortunately, Mom still thinks she need to keep her Verison plan for Katie. I tried my best to convince her that it's not the best idea to have two cell phone plans, but she wouldn't budge. It was funny yesterday to watch her carry around three cell phones (her verison, old sprint, and new t-mobile).

We stopped next door at Chins Asia Fresh for some food, and I have been happily programming my new gadget ever since! I think I finally have all of my phone numbers updated.
Now I just need people to call me.

Oooh, Kate must have ESP... 'cause she just called. That was the coolest.

And I just spilled grapes all over the couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home