Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Saved by Sweat

I found it. Yesterday morning, as I teetered on the brink of insanity, stressed and tired of my life, I decided to put on my dusty-from-disuse work out clothes and wander up to our "work out room" on the third floor. There, I found solace in a treadmill older than my sister... (for those of you who don't know, she's 18.)
For a while now, I've been feeling the need to find a gym. Last year, the only thing that saved me from going completely bonkers was Lund. Not that I went all the time... far from it... I am not an exercise junkie.

Anyway, I hung out with the treadmill for about a mile yesterday (and a mile and a 1/2 this morning... woohoo, look at me go). After breaking into the most glorious sweat of my life, I came back here and stretched. I felt so good to know that I do still have some muscle in my legs, and I hadn't realized how much I missed my little ''work out'' mix CD.

All day yesterday, I felt SO MUCH BETTER. I am completely amazed. It's like all of my bottled up angry emotion was forced out of my pores, and I can breathe again. Sorry, that's a gross mental picture.

I'm still confused about my life, and I really don't want to go to work tomorrow... I'd rather be moving to Boston or Portland or Athens or some other great city... but still, I can't believe how much better I feel right now.

Unfortunately, I won't have time to do this kind of thing on weekday mornings, and after I get home from work, I think that treadmill is generally occupied - and the entire exercise room consists of the treadmill, a cycling machine, and a weight lifter thing... not too many options.
I'll figure something out. My pilates class starts next week, so that'll help. And hey, before I know it, it'll be consistently warm enought to run around outside.

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
And on that note, I need to shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home