Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, December 11, 2005

July 2003

I'm back again... because I'm lazy and poor and don't ever go out and do anything.

I did get a haircut today.

Has this ever happened to you?...
Every once in a while, I'll be going about my life, minding my own goddamn business... and suddenly I see something/hear something/even SMELL something and kazaam, I'm transported back to some former time in my life - a memory (I realize I've written about this sort of thing before).
SOMETIMES, when this happens, and it's a bad memory... one I'd forgotten about and would rather not ever remember again... I can't get it out of my head. It's like I try to stay ahead of it by keeping my brain occupied with other things... but on days like today when I'm not doing anything, that doesn't work so well.
Seriously, in the past hour, I think I've checked my e-mail, facebook, and MySpace like 14 times each. Anything to get this memory out of my head. (And NO I'm not going to write about the memory - I'd rather not cement it reality forever by writing it down... not that this blog is forever.)
Anyway... this makes me so MAD! I think I'm over something, so proud of myself that it's done with, and then this happens. I get ridiculous, trying desperately to find something else to occupy the space in my head where this stanky skanky memory has set up camp. No, no no... now is when I receive no e-mails, no one updates their facebook, it's cold and overcast outside and I can't go walking, I spent too much money yesterday and cannot afford to go anywhere today to spend more...

So here I sit, wrestling with some stupid memory once again. It has no bearing on my life now... it's in the past, why do I care? I just need to STOP thinking. I need a gerbil or something.

1 Comments:

  • I often am in minneapolis and quite bored...

    always looking for reasons to stick around in the city depending on the evening (work wise)

    and also to delay driving home in rush hour. I'd love to hang out sometime.

    By Blogger Mathew, at 12/14/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home