Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Lodge

Sooo my weekend picked up after Friday night. Good thing. I was in a pretty depressive state that night.
Yesterday, I mailed my Christmas cards and did most of my holiday shopping. I went to the Knollwood Mall, Punch Pizza (got a $25 dollar gift card for Jay & Em, which came with a FREE pizza... so I ate there), Uptown - Urban, Borders, Ragstock, and then Lauren called so I met her at MOA, which was WAAAY too crowded.
I was pretty successful over all... I'm almost done. Was a little disappointed since I really needed to get to Spencers to get my Secret Santa a gift - but since Lauren IS my Secret Santa, that didn't work out so well.
I'm very proud that I can FINALLY afford to buy people nice things for Christmas - not that expensive gifts are better than thoughtful, cheaper gifts... but seriously, last year, I gave Mom, Dad, and Katie "IOU's" for dinner/movies/shopping trips because I was too poor to buy anything. By the way, I still owe them the dinner/movies/shopping trips. Ugh.

After that, I went to Kristen's for her dinner party. I got there early to help chop up carrots and drink 2 classes of wine. :P It was very nice to see her - I was beginning to think she actually moved to Quebec - instead of just visiting all the time for work.
The party was nice, the food was great, and it was good to talk to everyone there - many of them I hadn't seen for quite a while.

THEN, Heather dragged me down to the "Sigma" Lodge party. I pretended to be a sorority girl to get in the door free... then I got $2 drinks until 10pm. Pretty cool special, but the $2 drinks were about 1/2 as strong as their regular priced drinks. (I had three in an hour, and with my lack of a tolerance, I should have been passed out on the floor, but I was only slightly buzzed - good thing.) The live band was HORRIBLE - not kidding... it was just a drummer and a guitarist, who kept saying things about how he wanted everyone there to hook up... and other stupid stuff. His music was bad too - bad bad covers of good songs.

I'm glad I went out though. I had gotten to the point were it seemed like to much work and too much money to go downtown. Heather actually dragged me off of Kristen's couch. We had a good time though, and hopefully we'll have lunch sometime this week.

So now I'm up and it's Sunday and I have three quarters instead of the necessary four and thus cannot do laundry... very upset about this. I also need to wrap those Christmas presents I'm so excited about. Maybe I should just suck it up and shower. Dammit.

French cooking class tomorrow. Woohoo.

1 Comments:

  • i hate bad bands with horrid music! and I have no problem at all with you stalking me :)

    we'll have to have the next reunion meeting somewhere with booze...it's been one of those semesters...

    anyway, it lovely to hear from you and I'm sure I'll be reading more of you on the blogoshpere!

    By Blogger Emily, at 12/11/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home