Jack's Secret Sauce

Friday, June 24, 2005

I Wish My Life Was a Sappy Teen Movie

Okay, so after a long day of working around the house and outside (in the 100 degree weather), I had lunch with my good friend Jess at the Green Mill, then I came back and watched A Cinderella Story (yeah, with Hilary Duff) downstairs, while lying in the middle of the newly-shampooed carpet. It's a sappy, cliche, pathetic movie, but I ended up watching the entire damn thing.
Even WORSE, I watched at Sarah's last weekend (it has been on HBO).

I know I shouldn't get into those types of movies, but I couldn't help myself. Where the fuck is my prince charming? Why can't I be in a fairy tale?! Ah, but this is real life. REALITY. Real life doesn't work like that. Yeah, it can have it's amazing/romantic fairy-tale-ish moments, but they are few and far between... at least in my experience.

Today, I hung up christmas lights and cleaned the bathroom and the living room upstairs. Then I weeded and trimmed bushes. Then I danced around on the first step of the pool. This is what unemployed Laura does with her spare time...
Actually, I have quite a few preparations left for the party. That's tomorrow. Becky's coming in the afternoon tomorrow to help out (on her BIRTHDAY!)

Ugh, life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home