Jack's Secret Sauce

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Stupid People with Stupid Animals.

Today on my lunch break, I went to Petco (among other places). I do not currently own any animals. I went to Petco because it was the only place in the little strip mall that I hadn’t yet visited.

So I’m wandering around looking at chew toys and fishes and lizards. I stopped at the birdcages. I used to have a parakeet named Jitters. Very dumb bird.

Anyway, I’m looking at the birds and this lady comes up to the birdcage with her cocker spaniel. I’m thinking she’s trying to walk AROUND the birdcage to the back “dog” section, so I step to the side to get out of her way.

Nope. She’s taking her dog to see the birds.

This dog starts going nuts – it’s jumping and yipping at the glass, trying to get the birds. Then the birds freak out and start flying around (as much as they could in those tiny cages) and making scared little bird noises.

And the lady’s laughing and talking to the dog, saying “oh you are a bird dog, aren’t you.”

Okay lady, NOT FUNNY. These birds are terrified and pissed off.

Then she picked the dog up off the floor so it could see the birds in the higher cages. It’s all squirming in her arms, still trying to eat the birds.

I had to walk away.

Seriously! Take your dumb dog to a damn park and let it chase the birds there – don’t bring it into freaking PETCO and have it salivate at birds that are behind glass, sitting in tiny cages so they can’t even fly anywhere!

I’m not going back to Petco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home