Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Good Investment?

The other day, Jackie and I were discussing the fact that we were both in "Chorus" in 6th grade. It wasn't called "Choir" - it was "Chorus." I cannot recall what prompted this discussion. We must've been talking about singing or how we can't sing or something.

Today, when I plugged Jack (iPod) into my computer, he was updating his files, and I realized I've spent quite a bit of money downloading songs on iTunes. Not a ridiculous amount, but still more than I'd thought. I wondered for a brief moment if I am wasting my money. Should I be spending it on things that are more important or necessary - like food?
Should I regret this and try to stop?

No, no and no.

I've realized that music is my saving grace. I think back to how I used to lie on the floor next to my speakers at home and listen to the old Goo Goo Dolls CD whenever I was upset - it would always help me breathe easier...
And then there's how I used to get lost in my head, tapping out rhythms with my Ralph Hardimans in high school. God, I miss that.
Or now when I've learned to deal with my commute to and from work - and sometimes even enjoy it - because it's my only time to turn up my music and drown myself in the bass.
I don't know what I'd do without music. I love that I haven't had a favorite band since 6th grade. I love that there is so much to love!
I sincerely believe that music is the universal language (not math - sorry).
I am becoming a music junkie, and that makes me very proud.

WOOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home