Jack's Secret Sauce

Friday, April 14, 2006

Andre

Today gave my notice at work. I didn't cry. I'm pretty damn proud of myself, considering what a messed up week it has been. So now they know... well, some of them. I just told the two big bosses - the only two men who work at this office. Imagine me calling a meeting with the two important men in the company, and then sitting at a conference room table and informing them that I'm quitting. Scary.
But not really.
Mike and Tim are really awesome. They offered me their congratulations and thanked me for the early notice. Tim even asked me a few questions about the UWM program and the school.
*TREMENDOUS sigh of relief*
Hot damn.
Hmm...

I just reviewed the course listings on the Soc webpage - I register on Wednesday... as in April 19th. Yikes! Fortunately, I only have to pick one class... otherwise the semester is pretty much laid out for me... here's what they "suggest"...

· 700 Proseminar in Sociological Inquiry (3 credit hours)

· 750 Research Methods (3 credit hours)

· *Elective (3 credit hours) <-- this is what I get to CHOOSE

· [Sociology TAs only: 794 Proseminar: The Teaching of Undergraduate Sociology (Ahhhh! Me? Teach??)


I actually saw my roommate this afternoon. I think he realized I'd been in crisis mode all week, so he suggested that we take a walk to MGM (yes, the liquor store) and catch up. Very nice of him, especially since it almost made him late for Thai dinner with the gf.

Mmmmm... Thai food.
Anyway, we bought a bottle of strawberry Andre and are going to drink it some evening next week on our yet-to-be-scheduled "roommate night." I can't wait! Adam is the only person I know who is as insane as I am. I wish we had more time to hang out - maybe then I wouldn't feel excessively crazy all the time.

I got my hair cut yesterday night... after I got a free smoothie at Jamba Juice and new contact lense solution (I don't want the ReNu fungus!).

No plans tonight. I might walk to Whole Foods and buy myself some flowers.

One time I went to Whole Foods with my brother and he yelled at the girl in the bakery because they didn't sell M&M cookies. (Whole Foods = no artificial colors!) He was seriously mad about this. Hilarious.

1 Comments:

  • Perk Up Laura, you are quiting work very soon and moving on with your life. Frankly, I think there is nothing better than not knowing where your life is taking you. Who wants a life that is planned out for years to come?

    Cory

    P.S. I am a little drunk right now, a combination of champagne, wine, beer, and liquor, in that order.

    By Blogger Cory Christenson, at 4/17/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home