Jack's Secret Sauce

Monday, April 17, 2006

The Farm

I probably should be sleeping. But I have something to say, and I don't want to lose my train of thought.
I really love my family.
I think that's the first time I've ever written that sentence and meant it. I'm talking about my extended family, too!

Yesterday (also known as Easter), we had a big gathering at "the farm" in RF. Massive amounts of food (over half of the dishes were desserts) and massive amounts of chaos.
I don't even really feel like writting about the whole day. It was just very refreshing to get together with all of them. We hadn't done it in a while - not since my grandpa had his heart attack a few years ago... but now he's well enough - and the farm is a five minute walk from my grandparents' house - so the games have begun again.

Highlights: my uncle bouncing balled-up candy wrappers off the table and into the butter dish (he's almost 60 years old)... my grandfather losing his hearing aid battery and all of my relatives crawling around under the tables like idiots for 45 minutes looking for it - I have some great blackmail pictures. (Grandpa found the battery in his shirt later when he went home!)...
My mom and her three siblings having a badass time making fun of each other and looking at the pictures of boys in dresses on my digital camera, and my little cousin writing everyone a invitation to her birthday party on a giant packet of post-it notes (a longer story and funnier than it seems in writing).
Oh... and... AND... NO ONE asked me if I was dating anyone/engaged yet!!!! YAAAHOOO!!

I didn't go to church, I didn't do any praising the lord (Lord?), I didn't read any Bible versus. I know Easter is supposed to be a religious holiday. Perhaps I celebrated incorrectly. Or perhaps I did.
Perhaps I don't care.
It is my life, and I just didn't feel like following the rules.

I don't talk to my family all that much outside of major holidays. Maybe I should.

This post doesn't get even close to the heart of what I'm feeling. At least it's documented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home