Jack's Secret Sauce

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Gas Station Disaster

Today, I had major issues at a gas station near my office. (Ha ha... "my" office.)
I went to the gas station during lunch because I was running on fumes. First of all, I pull up to a pump that's out of order - except for the diesel - and procede to dry desperately to fit the diesel gas nozzel thing into my car. It seriously took me a while to realize the pump wasn't working.
(For those of you who aren't aware - the nozzels are probably different sizes because of dumb people like me.)
I realize it doesn't fit, feel like a big dumbass, get back in my car and pull it up to the next pump.

I get out. I go around the car to open the tank again and realize I forgot to push the button to open the outside latch - the button that's located on the inside of the driver door. I walk back around to the drivers side, open the door, and push the button.
I go BACK around to the pump, open the latch, and realize I forgot my credit card in the car (I always put gas on my card).
FINALLY, I get the fricking pump going... then I realize my shoes aren't waterproof, but unfortunatly there wasn't a dry spot to stand... thanks to the massive snowstorm yesterday and consequent massive meltdown today.

Today I was wearing these horrible heels that match my brown dress pants... they're like 2 1/2'' and just a little bit too big. It's hard enough to walk in them in normal weather - but today the world was melting and it was slushy everywhere. (When I was walking into work, my left shoe got stuck in a snow bank and I had to stop and dig it out... do things like this only happen to me?)

Anyway, I finally did get a full tank of gas... then I went to Barnes and Noble.

I credit this ridiculousness to having a lot on my mind... whatever that means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home