Jack's Secret Sauce

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Thai High

I just got home from my Thai cooking class. I did it! I feel so independent! I took a class all by myself! I paid for it, drove to it, I cooked, and I talked to a bunch of people I don't know. I feel surprisingly independent (baby steps, baby steps)... don't laugh at me, I'm horrible at locating enough bravery to try new things, *especially* new things I have to do alone.

So I'm pretty proud of myself for this.
I'm also pretty full of Thai food. The teacher is one of the lead chefs at the Wild Orchid - a restaurant that is now on the top of on my "must eat at" list. HOORAY.

Tomorrow, Em's coming over and we're making Chicken Salsa Chili. Two nights of real meals in a row!

Burning some great incense at the moment. It's funny though - every time I burn it, it's on a night when I just want to relax and lay on the couch... and I generally put in a movie... and that movie is generally The Big Lebowski... so now I'm smelling the incense and want to watch The Big Lebowski... but I watched it already last night... sort of. I wasn't really paying attention.

"Lebowski? That's your name, Dude." "Donny, you're out of your element!"
"You can imagine where it goes from here..." "He fixes the cable?"
Ha. Haha.

Maybe I can do this life thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home