Jack's Secret Sauce

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Planning

Life Lesson #1 - NEVER plan anything. Don't anticipate. Don't prepare. Your plans will never match the actual situation.
Planning will either make you very disappointed or very confused.

I seem to forget this lesson often. I make a lot of plans in my head. Very rarely do they jive with my real life.
HOWEVER, every once in a grrreat while, things'll work out like I'd imagined... not because of me being influential or anything... it's just dumb luck.

I guess the bottom line is that I am flying through life blind, I have no idea what I'm doing - EVER. I take chances, I get hurt, I worry, I wonder if anyone else is as confused as I am, I take more chances, I learn, I regret, I wonder... wash, rinse, repeat.

And then I'll have a day or a night or a *moment* where everything falls into place (for a while), I realize that life is beautiful, and I'll think "this is what it's all about."
Yesterday was one of those days. Thank GOD for those days. God... hmm, that's another discussion entirely.

I am ridiculous and cryptic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home