Jack's Secret Sauce

Friday, September 16, 2005

The Real World

It's mid-September, and for the first time that I can remember, I am not in a classroom. This is very strange. I really miss the academic environment, and I know I need to get back there at some point. Right now, though, I need to take life a day at a time.

I moved into my new place.... well, it's not entirely mine, I have a roommate. My darling friend from way back when, Adam. If you haven't met him, you should. He's super cool. I also have a very stupid job where I sit for eight hours and call people and try to make them pay their electric bills.

I like the neighborhood (near Uptown - Minneapolis). It is still very strange to me though, that I am out being a real person now. Me?? I'm not sure I'm capable of taking care of myself like this. I remember when I couldn't pump gas because I was afraid of the nozzle! ....... and now I live in the city, so far by myself (roommate hasn't moved in quite yet).
This new situation is so foreign and unreal to me, I keep thinking it's a joke, or pretend, or something. I have no reference point to stack my new experiences up against. I'm just floating along.

Even more crazy... I don't mind the limbo. I used to freakout about the "unknown." It's definitely still scary, but now I just take it as it comes. I'm a lot more open to trying new things. I don't know how this happened to me.
Maybe I'm just ready. (Ready for what? I don't know. Don't ask me that.)
I guess I just realized that this is my chance to enjoy life, and I can chose how to live or how to feel about the way I live. Why waste time worrying or regretting things? Seriously. Plus, I'm young now... I'll never be this energetic and ready for adventure later in life, so I damn well better take advantage of that now! There's just to much to see and learn to sit on my ass.

Unfortunately, an 8-5 job requires that I sit on my ass for at least 8 hours a day, with an hour break for lunch. Stupid. I need a job that lets me explore. There are too many things I want to do!!! Argh. I can't decide!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home