Jack's Secret Sauce

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Thank you, Tom Petty

I survived NYC. Are you proud? It was rough towards the end, with a day and half of flight delays and a lot of crabby crazy people. Airport limbo is never a good place to be. If you'd like more stories about Kristen and me in NYC, please ask. I get some of my pictures back tomorrow.

So now I'm back, still crazy, and behind with my school work. Such is life.
Was up in the cities at the Minnesota Non-Profit job fair yesterday. It was okay. Nothing too exciting. Jackie, Tara, Heather and I carpooled... that was cool... we were all dressed up in our sexy suits... it felt like we were playing hooky or something. We went out to eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory (I'd never been there... it's awesome!), then we went to the MOA and Ikea. Ha - we go to a job fair to find a job so that we can have money and end up spending money we don't have from a job we haven't found yet. Wonderful.

Excited for P-ball. Woot! I like to dress up and make myself feel sexy. Ha.

I can't believe I'm almost done with school. Us seniors got to pick up our caps and gowns today. Holy shit. I cannot live in the real world. The future is coming, and I am powerless to stop it!
Then again, maybe it'll be fun. Future future future.
Tom Petty is giving me some pretty good advice right now, which I will reprint here...

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and i won't back down...

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home