Jack's Secret Sauce

Monday, March 21, 2005

Is there no end to the insanity?

I'm starting to wonder if insanity if infinite. Meaning, can you ever be so insane that your body just shuts down and says "That's it! You can't get any more crazy than that!" I don't think so. I think that insanity has the potential to go on forever. Once you start feeling crazy, beware, because you might be well on your way to becoming more insane every day for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! Yikes.

On the other hand, maybe we all only THINK we're crazy. Maybe it's just a messed up perception of reality due to the fact that we are severely needing some time off (soon to come in the form of spring break).

Either way, everyday I feel more insane and have more problems distinguishing reality from the craziness I think is in my head. (Does that make sense? Ha! Didn't think so.)

Even though my life seems to kind of suck right now, it would do me good to remember that I'm much better off than a lot of people in this world. It always helps me to remember where I am and who I am when I put things in perspective...
There was a story on the news about a brain-damaged woman whose husband and parents are engaged in a nasty court battle - the husband wants to honor her wishes and let her die as she would naturally, but her parents want to keep her alive (with a feeding tube). This battle is over 10 years old! Holy shit, y'all! I cannot imagine being any of these people.

Other ways my life could be worse:
-I could be John Basedow
-I could be lost in the tsunami
-I could be John Basedow, lost in the tsunami!
(Ok, seriously now...)
-I could be homeless
-I could be without healthcare (hmm, this may happen soon!)
-I could live in a "third-world" (is that still politically correct?) country and have no food or shelther
-I could have no friends or family
-I could live my entire life with in the confines of the midwest and never know how wonderful it is to travel
- George Michael, Billy Joel, Eric Clapton, and Elton John could have decided to become garbage collectors instead of singers
-I could have gone to UWRF (bleck)

Seriously, when I think about it, I have a lot ot be thankful for! I can see, hear, taste, smell, and most importantly, FEEL. I have the ability to dream and think deep thoughts and go places and love and live my life any way I want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home