Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, March 19, 2006

March Madness?

My parents and sister returned safely from their vacation in Cancun on Friday. I was lucky enough to be able to pick them up from the airport and drive them home. On the car ride to RF, my father told me at least five times that my car needs an oil change.
My sister was in the local paper this week - a picture of her cute little blonde self and an announcement that she's going to UNI on a soccer scholarship next year. We are all very proud of our baby girl. Interestingly enough, she doesn't seem too excited... although I admit I haven't been able to read her since she was about 8 years old. I don't know why I wrote this paragraph. I'm generally annoyed with Katie these days... hopefully someday she'll start talking.

As for me, I have almost exactly four months until I will quit my job. July 21st is the big day (for right now, at least). That's exactly a month before I need to be in Milwaukee to start the next step of my life. Yes, I suppose the secret's out - I really will be a grad student next year. UWM gave me a pretty great offer, so I'm thinking that's where I'll be. (It isn't official yet.)

Lately I've been feeling jittery and worried. I wonder if I just need spring to come. I am probably crazy.
I feel like I really should be out doing things - it's 40 degrees today - and I'm still sitting on the couch. Every once in a while, I feel some shadow of motivation... but it passes quickly.

I'm in a basketball pool right now and tied for first - hilarious, because I know *nothing* about basketball. Maybe I'll actually win for real.

I'm still deciding where I should go on my trip in late summer. I have a lot of decent ideas, but nothing brilliant has come to me yet.
Here are my ideas:
- Cape May
- Ireland (probably too expensive)
- Florida... I've always wanted to go to Universal Studios... and although I'm slightly embarassed about it, I do love Disney World.
- California - big trees/Hollywood/wine country? I've never been west of South Dakota. It could be fun.
- Yosemite
- Boston (unless I go for Becky's conference in June)
See... nothing stands out too much. I'd also like someone to come with me. We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home