Jack's Secret Sauce

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Time Machine

Ok, so I have this associaton "problem" with music. I'll get a new CD and listen to it so much that I either wear it out or get sick of it for a looong time. Then, sometimes a few years later, I'll hear a song off of a particular CD that I listened to (on repeat) during a particular time in my life... and I'll be transported back to that time. Sometimes, for a second or two, I honestly think I've gone back in time. Very strange. I'll feel the same way I did then, and I'll remember things so clearly, like colors and smells and even the exact date of the moment I remember.
Sometimes, if I start listening to the CD again, off and on, it'll stop reminding me of whatever it reminds me of. Other times though, I never really get back into the music like I originally had, and consequently there are certain songs and whole CDs that will throw me back in time.
Examples, you say? For instance, whenever I hear a track off of the Goo Goo Dolls "dizzy up the girl," I start to feel angsty and moody like I did when I was 16, lying on the floor of my room and listening to that CD on repeat, writing in my journal after school.

So, I've figured out that this happens with people too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home