Jack's Secret Sauce

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ruby Slippers

Wishing I was Dorothy Gale right about now.... or at least a girl with some magic ruby slippers to get me home. This past semester has been a bit of a trip... minus munchkins and talking scarecrows. In total, my three final papers were over 70 pages (and that's not counting the mountain of statistical output that I had to email to my professor because I didn't want to kill so many trees).

In the end though, I think this semester has been my best semester (with the possible exception of when I took sociological theory as an undergrad). I'm learning so much here and becoming much more confident with my skills.

Today is my last day of work before I head back 'home' to see the family and friends. I'm very excited. We're holding the first big family Christmas gathering since my grandpa got sick four or five years ago. (Still not done Christmas shopping... this may be an issue, but I'm fresh out of good ideas. What do you get the techie brother who has everything?)
I'm hoping to get a glimpse of my friends in the twin cities too.

Starting to fret now and then about "THE FUTURE"... since once again I have less than a year left before my clear future path becomes a big black void. What to do about life after graduation, work (REAL work!) and relationships... where should I go? what should I do? should I bring anyone with me on this journey?
I suppose these questions will be answered in due time.

Happy Holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home