Jack's Secret Sauce

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rocks

This summer is going much too quickly. I can't believe July is almost over.
I'm nervous to go back to school... can't really figure out why.

Steve and I rented One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest the other day. I hadn't seen it forever. It's such a great movie... perhaps I should read the book. Hmm.

We're on our way to GermanFest today. Yesterday was Brady St. Fest, and the day before that we were up in Oshkosh to visit some of Steve's relatives and go to the EAA (gigantic plane festival thing). There are just too many festivals.

Cabin Weekend 2007 came and went. I was happy to see many of my GAC friends again and to relax up in northern MN by a lake. It was definitely not as crazy as past cabin weekends have been - I was in bed by 1am both nights. (Two years ago, we all used to stay up 'till at least four!) I feel old... (I know, that's ridiculous.)

Steve and I stopped over to my grandparent's place before we headed back home, and Grandpa showed him their entire rock collection. (They're both rock hounds - if you don't know what that means, I'm sorry, but I'm not explaining it here.) Grandpa even gave Steve two zip lock bags full of rocks to "start his own collection." It was so funny... but only then did I realize just how many rocks these two have! We looked at rocks for at least two hours and didn't even get through the collection. What a hobby. I left thinking I should have majored in geology.

Off to GermanFest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home