Jack's Secret Sauce

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey

Back again from the abyss, although my unfinished final papers are calling sadly from the innards of my computer.
I hosted my first ever holiday meal at my own place... it was nothing too fancy - just mom, sister, and me. We did eat a lot of great food. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of our feast. Fortunately, they left me with ALL of the leftovers (and YES, I actually eat leftovers!)
The family left early Friday, and I've been hanging out here by myself since then. Both roommates are gone, celebrating with various relatives. I'm attempting to get homework done here, but mostly I have succeeded in putting off that homework by feeding my vacationing landlord's fish and deranged cat, staring at my mini fiber-optic Christmas tree (just put it up today), and playing LOUD music and singing at the top of my lungs (which I rarely get to do anymore since I'm rarely home alone).
Songs of choice for this music festival include "Next to you, Next to me" by Shenandoah and "How Long" by the Eagles. Shhhhhhh. I'm awesome. Currently listening to some Grateful Dead (not singing, because let's face it, I just can't sing like Jerry Garcia).

Getting excited for Christmas. I blame commercials I saw during the football game on Thursday, and of course, the all-Christmas music radio station that I came across yesterday. "Jingle Bell Rock" will be in my head once again this year, like every year, until January.
No money for gifts this year. Not with my graduate student salary. Also wondering how I will survive the California trip without funds, but looking forward to it anyway.

Nothing too interesting has happened since I was last wrote here. Oh, we're out of butter, and I keep forgetting to buy some. That's something...

OOH! I downloaded the "Stumble!" browser application from Firefox, and it's really neat! I recommend it, with a warning that it will increase your time spent procrastinating on the computer (but so does minesweeper... and Stumble! is much more interesting).

That said, I'm off... Happy Holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home